How I Keep Up
These are my current resources for keeping up-to-date with my current interests.
Out of habit I've been hitting hackurls - news for hackers and programmers daily for years just because it gives me a quick glance at a few of the resources I mention below.
Hacker News is my current favorite aggregator.
- Hacker News Links
- minimaxir/hacker-news-undocumented: Some of the hidden norms about Hacker News not otherwise covered in the Guidelines and the FAQ.
- Hacker News RSS
- hndex.org - a search engine for finding articles posted to hacker news
I still use reddit but its usefulness highly depends on the subreddits I follow, and currently many of those are either not very active or their quality varies too much to be a dat-to-day source of information, but reddit still has its moments.
- Austin Kleon's Weekly Newsletter
- Flow State
- Dept. of Enthusiasm
- Just Good Shit
- CJ Chilvers
- Robin Sloan
- Robin Rendle
- Ridgeline Newsletter
- Roden Explorers
- Digital Photography Review
- Tributaries by Graeber & Hawbaker
- Perspectives: Past, Present, and Future, by Patrick Wyman
- Commonplace Book
- Jamelle Bouie Newsletter - The New York Times
- The Sunday Long Read
- Newsletter — Glen Lubbert
- Newsletter - Laura Olin
- Garbage Day
- Watching Newsletter - The New York Times
- The Art of Noticing
- The Ruffian
- Deno Weekly
- Programming Digest
- WebAssembly Today
- ES.next News
- WebAssembly Weekly
- WebRTC Weekly
- The AI Art Corner
- An AI & Machine Learning Newsletter from Infinite Red
- A Byte of Coding
- Generative Collective
- Node Weekly
The following are websites I check on a semi-regularly basis.
- Disquiet / Listening to culture. Playing with audio. Sounding out technology. Composing in code.
- Ambientblog – ... as ignorable as it is interesting ...
- Ambient Music Guide - Turning you on to extraordinary sounds since 2001
- Pitchfork | The Most Trusted Voice in Music.
- Stationary Travels – Journeys in Sound & Music
- Headphone Commute | honest words on honest music
- Drifting, Almost Falling. – Investigations of Minimal Ambient, Drone and Modern Classical Sounds.
- Letterboxd • Social film discovery.
- Film School Rejects: Movies, TV, Culture
- Cinephilia & Beyond, Films and Filmmaking
- IMDb: Ratings, Reviews, and Where to Watch the Best Movies & TV Shows
- Little White Lies - Movie Reviews and Articles
You've found yourself on the site of Travis Ennis, a software engineer who lives in Indiana. If you'd like, you can contact me.